11.25.2008

Illustration Friday: Opinion

Here's my 2nd stab at Illustration Friday, a website/blog giving weekly assignment words for practice and inspiration, as well as community. Again, this was a quick one, but this time on the Cintiq. I wanted to practice getting a simple editorial idea down for the topic (opinion), and see if I can follow through quickly while keeping it appealing. The drawing was all I had planned, and the tones/shadows were just an experiment. I'd love to hear how you feel about this one.



I'm also experimenting with very basic hand-drawn animation lately. I've put a few hours into a small project and I'll keep you posted on that soon. Anyone who has quick methods (I hear Flipbook is a good program), tips or techniques to pass along, feel free to email me or comment here. I really respect animators, and it's not easy.

Lastly, I'll be finishing up some Digital Podcast videos this week to post at the Digital Podcast Blog. I know I've teased and stalled on this in the past, but I really do have time this week to finish it up, and I'll let you know when it's here.
.

9 comments:

Matt Ryder said...

I think it looks great Joe. It would be perfect for an editorial piece. Looking forward to your new podcasts.

ALBERT PARDO said...

WOW, THERES JUST A TON OF STYLE HERE...

GOTTA COMMENT QUICK, TO SCROLL DOWN TO SEE MORE...

Anonymous said...

Great concept! Very well done.

ramanjit said...

hellooooooooooooooo guru,

what ever you made is always awesome.when the pencil comes in your hand the master piece has born.you are simply great.there is so much to learn from you.

and thankyou so much for the news of new podcast.im ready for the class sir.

Aaronphilby said...

Aaron Philby's no animator, but he suggests using post-its and working from the back to the front.

Mirco said...

very nice, I agree with the circle.

Fusaro said...

inspiring site. excellente.

Mack said...

Hey its my first time leaving a comment on you blog but i have been keeping up with it for a while. You have always done great work and have inspired me to start my own blog this is a great editorial style keep with it

Party Entertainment Ideas Inc said...

I like them. Specially the bow near the belt!

The shadows look right. But I wouldn't want to hear an art-critic 'analyze' the circle that it causes between the 2 guys.