4.10.2006

more live April drawings

These sketches are from a couple of days at Sea World. I will admit, I was rushing quite a bit to try to make some extra $$$, so there are many shortcuts and streamlined drawings (not a LOT of detail in most of them), but overall, I had fun. I tried some different subtle techniques, and was struggling to get the results I wanted, but still came out with some cute, exaggerated drawings:




This is a co-worker that I've drawn twice already... trying to push it as far as I can.




This one was VERY quick. I enjoyed it, though - no peach, to capture that 'british-white'.




This is a look I've been trying to capture, had in my mind for quite a while... I'm still not totally there, but I like the idea of streamlining and cartooning in a way that still affords dimension, yet is very reliant on shape and contours... When I get it down, I'll let you know.



I saw something in this British boy that I've never seen - he looked like his eyes were trying to look at each other... like his head was bent at the bridge of his nose... I tried to pick it up subtly in a 5 minute sketch, but I'm not sure how successful it was. Fun, either way.



I was trying to make these two look extra-happy, as they had already 'rejected' a co-worker's sketch for what I believed to be, lack of 'smiles'. She actually loved it (I was surprised).


My last, and favorite, drawing of that day... aaaah... British kids. God love them.



2 comments:

Piotr said...

Terrific Rendering!

【#pan】 said...

You are a great artist!
I love your live caricature!
very nice!